Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Fling (Almost)


This morning I woke up and to my delight the sun was shining. I looked at the weather app on my phone and was so excited to see the forecast for today was 54 and mostly sunny! Then I realized today is the first day of spring. I have been anxiously anticipating spring like a cheating husband waiting on his dirty little mistress and finally she was here. What to wear for this occasion? I wasted entirely too much time picking out the perfect outfit and fixing my hair and makeup. I felt like I had to. I hadn’t really left the house in months because of the bitter cold winter and this was like making my grand entrance out into the world with my new baby. We were going to the zoo so same thing. Cute clothes. Check. Makeup and hair done. Check. Kids fed and dressed looking equally cute. Check.

I had Seark’s little hand clasped tightly in mine on the left while holding Rylan in the car seat on the right as we stepped out on to the porch a gust of cold air blew past. I thought to myself a little more chilly than I had anticipated but it was still early surely by the time we got to the zoo and were walking around it would warm up.  On the way there the sky grew dark. Shit where is the sun I thought. I looked at my weather app again. It still said 54 and mostly sunny.  Surely my phone would not lie. Any second the sun is going to come back out shining and we will enjoy this glorious first day of spring.

We arrived at the zoo. I parked the car and got the boys in the double stroller. By this time I was starting to think winter had gotten word that spring came out to play and was not having any of that. It was cold. We still enjoyed our day despite the fact we were all inadequately dressed. The weather.com app had indeed been deceitful. The picture painted from my bedroom window of beautiful sunny blue skies had been wildly misleading just like an on line profile. The first day of spring was a big fat disappointment much like an episode of cat fish. Good news though tomorrow’s forecast says 55 and sunny… maybe I will get my spring fling after all!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment