Tuesday, June 17, 2014

that crazy park mom

Today was a busy day. I managed to get all of the kids up. Dressed. Fed. And out of the house on time for Aidan to get to school before the "second" bell rang. The late bell. If there was a third bell it would be ringing about the time Aidan normally gets to school. Punctuality has never been my strong point. Not even before I had kids so I can't blame them. Although I admit I often do. No one really argues the point or even expects you on time with three kids. Except the school. They expect your kid on time. No. Matter. What. Clearly I am past the point of really caring about that. Not only did I get three kids ready in record time I managed to get my make up and hair done. I was even wearing something other than yoga pants. Which I was wishing I had just thrown on about half way through the morning when I was getting tired of sucking my stomach in so that it didn't hang over my size 10 jeans that still don't fit quite right. I guess I can't blame the kids for that anymore either.

Anyway I was up. Out on time. And looking decent because today was the day for library school registration. I really wanted to make sure that Seark got in for September. There are a limited number of spots. It is a short program. Only two days a week for a little over an hour. I feel like he needs to have some school experience and get used to the idea of spending time away from me before he has to start a full day program. I even had all of his records and paper work together. I might actually be getting the hang of managing three kids. We pulled up to the library where there was already small line forming of parents waiting to get their kids on the list. Up until this moment I was just going to fill out some forms. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I got that nervous stomach feeling. You know kind of queasy but not quite. Oh my god do I feel like I am going to cry?! Get it together! It's only sign up today. The thought that I was sending yet another one of my babies out to take his first steps in this big world with out me makes me sad. Even if it is only for an hour 2 days a week. It is the beginning of his school career. I am not ready for that. I don't think that he is either. I guess we will find out come September.

After we got Seark all set for Library school I took him and Rylan to the zoo. It was hot today. Luckily Seark did not want to stay too long. We go to this particular zoo so often we could walk it with our eyes closed. We hit all Seark's favorite spots and headed home. On the car ride both boys fell asleep. But of course woke up just minutes after we got in the door. We had lunch and wiated for Aidan to get home. Aidan was insistent that we go to the park today. I tried to sway him with other options. Even swimming which he usually cant pass up. He said no to everything. He was hell bent on going to the park today

After much begging and bribes made in vain I packed up all three boys and took them to the park. Seark had to bring two armfuls of toys that he most likely wont play with but get upset if any other kid wants to touch them. It is a given that another kid will want to. Between Seark' toys. The diaper bag. A blanket for Rylan to lay on. Bottles of water that Aidan will cry about if I don't bring them. So many more unnecessary yet essential items. We are ready to go. Kids in the car with seat belts on check. Double stroller check.  Great good to go. We get to the park and get everything unloaded as if we have arrived for an overnight stay. I get the blanket down for Rylan. Hide the toys that big surprise Seark has decided he does not want to share. And no sooner does another mother mention in passing that her daughter had been throwing up the night before.

AAAAAAIIIIIIDDDDDAAAAAANNNNNN GET YOUR BROTHER WE ARE LEAVING!!!!!
"What are you talking about we just got here?
I know now get your brother. We are leaving.
WHY??? I DON'T WANT TO GO!!!
Because one of your friends has the stomach bug. Hurry up I will take you to Nanny's house to go swimming if you get your brother RIGHT NOW!!!

All Aidan had to hear was "stomach bug". He went and got Seark and with in seconds we were headed back to the car. With all of our crap. I probably look like the crazy germaphobe mom. I am. I can't help it. After the stomach virus going around our house 4 times this winter the mere thought of it makes me nauseous. I ran out of the park with my three children as if someone was chasing us. I don't care how ridiculous I look. I have three kids. Something like the stomach bug is brutal enough if one person in the house gets it. I HAVE 3 KIDS. 3 times the puking. 3 times the cleaning. 3 times the worry. And forget it if I get it. And I will. Because no matter how much you wash your hands and Lysol the house when you have been mopping up puke and hold cuddling pukey kids for days on end it is inevitable. So I might be that crazy park mom but if it spares me that god awful bug I will proudly wear that title.


No comments:

Post a Comment