Monday, August 4, 2014

ass burgers

This morning I made french toast and bacon while everyone was still in bed. The house filled with the sweet smell of maple bacon and home made french toast. I heard the pitter patter of a little feet coming down the stairs. I am standing in the kitchen when in walks Seark. Sweet little 3 year old Seark. Big smile on his face that is pure cuteness. "mmmmmmmm mommia smells like ass burgers in here.... hahahahahahahaha" SEARK I HAVE TOLD YOU A MILLION TIMES TO STOP SAYING ASS BURGER.

Rewind.. 2 days prior. Seark and Aidan are in the toy room. Arguing. Over a toy the neither one of them normally plays with. I hear them. Their little nonsensical banter. And then "AIDAN YOU GIVE IT TO ME YOU ASS BURGER." SEARK STOP SAYING THAT! ASS IS A BAD AND YOU ARE A LITTLE BOY WHO SHOULD NOT BE USING IT.

I have heard ass burger countless times in the last week. Countless. Seark has called the dog an ass burger. Used it to describe random people on the street. Characters from his favorite shows. Called his brother an ass burger. Even asked if we are having ass burgers for dinner. No matter how much I yell or put it him in time out for it he still finds it hilarious. Luckily Aidan knows better than to say it because he is old enough to know that he will get in trouble for it but he has absolutely no qualms about coaxing it out of his brother.

So how did my little darling stumble upon this term that he is so fond of? About a week ago we were at the park. There was one boy that was not playing like the other kids. He was not really playing at all. He was fresh and physical. Hitting and spitting the other kids including mine. Just as his behavior seemed to be spiraling out of control someone approached me and my boys to explain that he has Asperger's Syndrome. Admittedly I know very little about Asperger's except for that to a three year old boy it sounds an awful lot like ass burgers. And to him anything else said in that conversation was completely lost all he heard was ass burger and the giggles got the best of him. Unfortunately they still have a hold on him and ass burger gets funnier each and every time he says it. I am hoping by next week it has lost its funny factor and that he moves on to the next hilariously inappropriate thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment