Sunday, March 1, 2015

pancakes and crocodile tears

4:45am

Mmmmmmmmmoooooooommmmm. Mmmmmmmmooooooommmmmmmiiiiiiaaaaa. Momma. MOMMIA!

 shhhhhhhh. Shhhhhhh. Sh sh sh sh shhhhhhhh. Seark shhhhhh. Quiet. Your gonna wake the baby. What's wrong?

MOMMIA MY LEG HURTS. IT HAS THE BUZZIES. I NEED TO TAKE A BAFFFFFF!!!!

oh Searkie just shake it. Its pins and needles. It will go away.

NO. NO. MOMMIA I HAVE THE BUZZIES. I NEED A BAFFFF. PLEASE MOMMIA!

And Ry is up. Looks like our day is starting at 5 am. Take the boys down stairs.  Fill the tub. Put them both in. Might as well. Not even five minutes in the tub and the buzzies are gone. Seark is ready to get out. Which means he will throw a fit any second if you don't get him out immediately.

I get them dressed and no sooner is Seark asking for pancakes. "and not the frozen ones". Sure... yeah... what the hell pancakes at 5:15. I really want to....

A. Go back to bed.
B. Go back to bed.
C. Go back to bed.
D. At least have a cup coffee before the shenanigans begin (I realize I'm too late for that already)

Mommia I am hungry. I want pancakes. All the pancakes. Looks like today is not the day that that A. B. C. or D. is gonna happen so pancakes it is. They are just about done when Seark comes into the kitchen.

Oh. My. God. Maaaaaaaaaa. Did you make them with out me?! I wanted to make all of them and eat all of them all by MYSELF!

Lord Jesus help me... Its gonna be one of those days. One of those long days where the whining is endless. And nothing will make him happy. I'm over tired and poor Ry is too.

Searkie don't cry you can put some butter on them. Normally him and Aidan fight over this job... today he does not want any butter. For the most part tantrum #1 seems to have subsided. I sit Ry in the high chair and cut up a pancake for him.

Maaaaaaaaa. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????? WHYYYYYYYYY????? WHY ARE YOU GIVING RY MY PANCAKES. I WANT ALL THE PANCAKES.

There are 12 pancakes. If anything Seark will eat 1/2 of 1....possibly a whole one. However we are again mid tantrum because I didn't give him all 12. And now he won't even eat ANY! Seark goes inside to cry and I feed Ry.

While making the pancakes I added chocolate chips to the last few because that is the only way Aidan will eat them. But I forgot that Aidan doesn't like syrup when I poured it on his too and so now Aidan won't eat them either. One dozen pancakes made from scratch at 5am all going in the garbage. Whatever its fine. Wash the all the dishes that no one ate off of. Put away all the ingredients. Clean the kitchen counter and the table.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I WANT PANCAKES. ALL THE PANCAKES. I WANT TO MAKE THEM. AND EAT THEM. ALL OF THEM.

But I just got done cleaning. And good God I am not in the mood for this nonsense. Its only 7am. We are on tantrum #3. No one has eaten breakfast except for the baby.... pancakes it is. Again. Take 2.

Seark is going to "help". If you have a 3 year old you know help doesn't really mean help at all... it means make a project out of the task at hand. By the time the pancakes are done the kitchen is a disaster. Aidan is about to be late for school and already had cereal. Seark sits down with a plate that has a mile high pile of pancakes. He pours syrup all over them and the table. Takes one bite and says mmmmmmmmm these are yummy. My tummy is soooooo full. And that's that. A dozen more pancakes.... minus one bite.... made for nothing.

Aidan is off to school. Seark is on tantrum #4. The reason is unclear. Ryman is walking around crying just because he is tired. I'd like to cry to but past a certain age apparently it is unacceptable to cry just because  you haven't gotten the amount of sleep you would like too. I sit down at the table drink my coffee. Eat cold pancakes and listen to the sound of crocodile tears. I wont lie as I went to get the half n half out of the fridge I contemplated grabbing the wine. I mean who blame me?  I certainly would not judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment