Saturday, March 14, 2015

just a girl in a boys world

As a mom of three boys living in a house hold where I am out numbered by males I like to think I get them. I feel like I have an honorary membership to an exclusive all boys club. I get the inside scoop about what makes them tick. I know all about comic books and super heroes. I can build with Legos and make a castle out of those card board brick blocks. I get that gross smells and bodily functions are hilarious. I have even had the occasional laugh at these things myself. I understand that they are rough. Fearless. Impulsive. Loud. I get the lure of good guy bad guy scenario they play over and over. I see the appeal to throwing caution to the wind and laying in a muddy puddle. And just when I think I get it... I totally get it. And them. I realize I don't.

"If I had a tiny tuxedo I would put it on my penis to make it look fancy." That's what my 7 year old said as he stared out the window minutes after waking up this morning.

Did you say you want to put a tuxedo on your penis?!
Yeah... why?
What? Why? Where did that even come from?
My head. Where else? I was thinking about what I was gonna wear today and thought it would be cool if they made tiny clothes to dress up your penis. Like a tuxedo. Wouldn't that be cool?

Nope. I don't get them. At all. I have never had the thought about dressing up my vagina... though I do know a girl that is all about the vajazzling. Which I still think is totally different. When it comes right down to it I may have been granted access to the club but I will always be just a visitor and not an official member. I am girl. Still a girl. Always a girl... in a boys world.

No comments:

Post a Comment